1. We, the Ministers of ASEAN, China, Japan, and the Republic of Korea overseeing the issues of transnational crime convened the Second ASEAN Plus Three Ministerial Meeting on Transnational Crime (AMMTC+3) in Ha Noi on 30 November 2005. The Meeting was preceded by a Preparatory Senior Officials Meeting for AMMTC + 3 held in the morning of 30 November 2005.
2. We are pleased to note the statements made by the Ministers of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea, which renewed their support for the efforts of the AMMTC in combating transnational crime and called for the strengthening of ASEAN Plus Three cooperation in this area.
3. We reaffirm our unequivocal condemnation of all acts, methods and practices of terrorism in all its forms and manifestations as criminal and unjustifiable. We are determined to strengthen our joint endeavour in the fight against international terrorism.
4. We recall the Eighth ASEAN-Plus Three Summit in Vientiane on 30 November 2004, during which our Leaders reiterated their determination to further strengthen cooperation in the field of non-traditional security issues, especially in intensifying our joint endeavour to fight international terrorism, and to support the implementation of the Vientiane Action Programme, particularly programme areas and measures under the ASEAN Security Community and the ASEAN Socio-cultural Community.
5. We welcome the progress achieved in the cooperation in combating transnational crime among ASEAN Member Countries and between ASEAN and China, Japan and the Republic of Korea.
6. We endorse in principle the ASEAN Plus Three Work Plan on Cooperation in Combating Transnational Crime, and tasked the SOMTC + 3 to work on the detailed activities and to finalise the Work Plan at the 4th SOMTC + 3 to be held in Indonesia in 2006.
7. We welcome the progress achieved in other fora within and outside the ASEAN Framework, in relevant areas relating to combating transnational crime, which complements the efforts of the ASEAN-Plus Three in combating transnational crime, and recognise the need to take into account these efforts in our work.
8. We held a Retreat to exchange views on strengthening ASEAN-Plus Three cooperation in combating transnational crime. We welcome the commitment made by the Ministers of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea in providing assistance and support, both in expertise and resources in combating transnational crime. We decided that the Lead Shepherds of the various components of the Work Plan should, in consultation with the Plus Three countries, come up with concrete projects. We called for the appointment of focal points of SOMTC Plus Three for closer cooperation in intelligence exchange and information sharing. We recognised the need to enhance the legal framework in combating transnational crime, and in this regard, support the development of a framework for ASEAN Plus Three cooperation in line with the Treaty on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.
9. We welcome the kind offer of Brunei Darussalam to host the Third AMMTC+3 in 2007.
10. We express our appreciation to the Government and the people of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam for hosting the Second AMMTC+3 and for the warm hospitality accorded to us and our respective delegations and to the ASEAN Secretariat for its contribution to the Meeting.