We, the Ministers in charge of tourism from ASEAN, China, Japan and Korea, in the course of the Special Meeting on the revitalization of ASEAN, China, Japan and Korea tourism development on 9 August 2003 in Beijing, China had broad discussion, on the impact of the terrorist’ act of bombing the J.W Marriott Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia on 5 August 2003 and agreed as follows:
1. Strongly condemn this act of terrorism as a heinous and ruthless crime against humanity and crime against all religions and condemned by all religions;
2. Express our deep concerns and sympathy to the victims and convey our condolences to the bereaved families;
3. Express profound sympathy, solidarity and support to the Indonesian Government for whatever steps they may take to bring to book these international criminals and murderers and eradicate terrorism;
4. Call on the international community to avoid indiscriminately advising their citizens to refrain from visiting, as such measures could help achieve the objective of the terrorists; and
5. Reiterate our commitment to strengthening mutual cooperation to maintain the travel confidence through all possible ways.